IAA 24th Annual Conference - Paris, France
International Anaplastology Association
Preliminary Program for the 24th Annual IAA Conference
November 12-15 2009, Paris France
Location: Espace Saint-Martin Centre de Congres, 199 bis, rue Saint-Martin, 75003 Paris, France
IAA Paris 2009 Featured Speakers
- Pr Bernard Devauchelle - Facial Transplantation
- Dr Françoise Firmin - Auricular Reconstruction
- Dr Anders Tjellström - Osseointegrated Implant Surgery
- Dr Philip Federspil - Nasal Reconstruction
- Dr Philippe Lanthony - Color Vision
- Dr Kerstin Bergström - Facial Anaplastology
- Keith Thomas - Facial Anaplastology
- Olivier Roussel - History of World War I Prosthetics
- Elisabeth Daynes - Anthropological Hominid Sculptures
- Margot Cooper - Medical Teaching Models
- Dr Giovanni Civardi - Anatomical Facial Structure
- Ferdinand Förster - Glass-Blown Oculars
Friday, November 13, 2009 Artistic Implications
Elisabeth Daynes presents methods of how to reconstruct and give life to human beings that date back to the origins of humanity.
Margot Cooper, UK, President of Limbs and Things presents how to start from an idea and a sketch to realize a very complex medical model using the newest technologies available.
Saturday, November 14, 2009 Scientific Implications
Round Table Panel Discussion --for the first time, all the actors dealing with facial reconstruction will be together to discuss the range of possibilities and limitations currently available for facially disfigured patients.
- Pr Bernard Devauchelle, France - World pioneer for facial transplantation
- Dr Françoise Firmin, France - Auricular reconstruction
- Dr Anders Tjellström, Sweden - Osseointegrated Implant Surgery
- Dr Philip Federspil, Germany - Nasal reconstruction
- Dr Kerstin Bergström, Sweden - Facial Anaplastology
- Keith Thomas, UK - Facial Anaplastology
A tribute to Dr Paul Tessier, will be given, presenting his worldwide collection of skulls of craniofacial birth defects. Dr Tessier, father of modern craniofacial surgery, passed away June 6, 2008. Olivier Roussel, General director of the Gueules Cassées Foundation, will present the history of facial reconstructions and prostheses done for WW1 veterans in France.
Sunday November 15, 2009 Workshops
Dr Françoise Firmin, will give a master class on her incredible sculpting techniques for Autogenous Rib-Cartilage Reconstruction for Congenital Ear Defects.
Ferdinand Förster, German ocularist will demonstrate the intricate art of Glass-Blowing Ocular Prostheses.
Dr. Giovanni Civardi, Italian artist and teacher, will give an artistic Live Anatomy Class on Facial Structures.